porting from SGIs to Linux?

Peter Bismuti bismuti at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:32:52 PST 2005

(owen)

I'd like to port some applications from SGIs which use a Motif/ViewKit
UI to Linux machines running RedHat.
 These applications rely on pseudo-colors.   My first question is: is
there a simple way of doing this?  Is there some last simple function that
can be applied to the final pixmap that can alter the colors of
ehe drawing?

I don't particularly understand the question. If you are using
pseudo-color to recolorize images dynamically, computers have been
fast enough to do this by simply rewriting the image with the
new colors for a decade or so. (Remote display is going to be
more of an issue, if you need that.)

(Peter)

It can be done of course, but that means rewriting the code.  The hope was
to port it as-is with as little messing around as necessary, particularly
because the GUI has to be ripped out and rewritten removing the ViewKit
code, unless a license can be purchased.