'transset issues'

Patrick Leslie Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sun Jan 2 05:58:22 PST 2005

> Transset is a nice demo app, but personally i prefer to have the wm
> handle the
> windows translucencyso i wrote a patch for the kde window manager.
> On top afaik metacity is gonna have it's own composite manager, so no
> use for
> transset there as well.

Yes, I agree with you that this should be WM stuff. But there are a lot
of window
managers out there, and I suppose most of them do not have support for
translucency
yet and will not for quite some time. There are also some that probably
will never have
any support for it (e.g. twm). So it is still necessary to extend transset.

Kind regards,

Leslie