Slightly OT: We should move #xorg off of FreeNode

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Feb 23 11:16:46 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 13:01 -0500, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> I am not behind oftc nor noderebellion. A dialup user does not run an irc
> network.

Which explains a lot.  Like why you don't understand that "those small
botnets disturb not only one channel but the server as a whole".

Here's a free clue.  If you are an admin and have to respond quickly to
an attack before thousands and thousands of users get knocked offline,
drastic temporary measures may be necessary.

This is the Internet.  Shit happens.  Get used to it.

Lee