Slightly OT: We should move #xorg off of FreeNode

Patrick McFarland pmcfarland at downeast.net
Wed Feb 23 10:01:13 PST 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 12:50 pm, Ely Levy wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 February 2005 09:25 am, Ely Levy wrote:
> > > I don't think there is a need to be over dramatic,
> > > first of all you can start #xorg channel on whatever network you feel
> > > like.
> >
> > Yes, I can. However, that doesn't mean everyone will follow.
>
> Nope, are you even on #xorg?

I used to be at one point. Theres a few people I don't get along with, and
said people have chanops there. If you don't mind, I wont idle there.

There is no 'tor host'. Please read how tor works at http://tor.eff.org

> those small botnets disturb not only one channel but the server as a
> whole, I'm happy freenode has responsible admins.
> Btw that small botnet flooded #xorg as well, so you can assume *tor
> would have been banned from it as well.
>
> The ones you should complain to are the eff which let their service be
> abused for so long without moving a finger.

It is not 'their' service. They do not control what people do with the
software.

> Ely
>
> P.S
> How do we know you are not behind those attacks and just try to promote
> your new network or so?

I am not behind oftc nor noderebellion. A dialup user does not run an irc
network.

Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || pmcfarland at downeast.net