New Release Manager (Was: Status of xserver/debrix/modulartree?)

Mon Feb 21 08:50:09 PST 2005

Rogelio Serrano wrote:
> Im afraid it has to go. People will be cursing us ten years from now
> if we try to keep a bad decision alive for so long.

I'm afraid we need it to stay.   We use it now.   Leaving it for those
of us who want it, need it, and are willing to do the work to maintain
it will not inhibit those who hate it from ignoring it.   It's not in
your way, so don't get in ours.

Forcing things like the destruction of Xprint on people will only chase
away developers and distributors and reduce the number of people willing
to work to make X.Org a success - we've got too few people already to
chase away some of the most active supporters.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com