nVidia PCI id 0242 ("GeForce 6100")

Kees Cook kees at outflux.net
Fri Dec 23 20:57:18 PST 2005

I have a mobo with integrated video.  This is an ASUS A8N-VM-UAYGZ
(Socket 939, nVidia GeForce6100, nForce410).  Anyway, digging through
the nv_driver.c code, it looks like this entire section of the id list
is skipped (023x and 025x ranges are both attempted, it seems).  Looking
further, it's not clear what Architecture to assign for this chip.
(023x is NV_ARCH_20, where as 025x is NV_ARCH_40, and the default is
NV_ARCH_04.)

Anyone seen a chipset like this, and how should I approach this?  I've
added 0240 to the detection list, and picked NV_ARCH_40 semi-randomly;
it's compiling now.  :)

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net