Ripe for adding new modelines?

Thu Aug 25 13:06:58 PDT 2005

Adam Jackson wrote:
> There is, in fact, a spec for LCD modelines.  It's called CVT, and at least
> nvidia's driver implements it directly.  However VESA are big meanies and
> make you pay to see the formula.

If it's not astronomical, we could talk to the X.Org Foundation sponsors about
paying to get access for a developer or two willing to work on it.

(For that matter, I think Sun is a full VESA member, if there's something we can
  lookup - I'd have to check with the right people to see what we can do with the
  docs we get from VESA though, since I've never looked at that before.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com