Stopping work on EGL and Xgl

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Mon Aug 22 19:30:11 PDT 2005

Dave Airlie wrote:

>>Do you mean RedHat is sponsoring developers to work on Xegl
>>and related technologies?  Where can I find more information?
>
> To be honest I think they would if any of the current developers were
> to make themselves available...  its not like Novell picked davidr up
> off the street, he had done a fair bit of work in the area, Jon as far
> as I know didn't want to work for anyone,
>
> I don't think too many of the other X.org developers are crying out
> for jobs, (a time expansion machine might be useful....), but hey
> maybe I'm wrong...

Xorg badly needs to acquire new developers, but it takes several
months before a newbie can work on big tasks such as finishing
Xegl or adding EXA support to an existing driver.

Maybe a janitor project could help?  The regular Xorg developers
would have to invest some more of their time to help out their
padawans, though...

\X/  http://www.develer.com/