contributing new font package for xorg (fwd)

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:11:52 PDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> Well, as AlanC pointed out, there's not much point in Xorg distributing
> a bunch of fonts, they'll just be more tarballs.

This brings into play a question of fairness. If we all agree that the
font is technically correct, how are we to judge which fonts get
included and which don't? We all know Bitstream donated Vera, it's
visible everytime we choose a font. Shouldn't this visibilty and wide
distribution be extended to other font authors? Xorg needs a published
policy on the criteria for inclusion for this to be fair.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com