contributing new font package for xorg (fwd)

James Cloos cloos+pdx-xorg at jhcloos.com
Wed Aug 10 22:56:45 PDT 2005

Ely> It says [that gpl fonts are viral to documents that embed them]
Ely> in the fsf FAQ they even wrote an experimental clause that you
Ely> can add to the license to fix that problem.

One important issue here is that the wqy fonts are bdf fonts, not
scalable outlines.  They are unlikely to be embeded in documents.

Also, compare the LU_LEGALNOTICE files in the bdf tree.

It seems there at least were other bdf files with licenses neither
X(ish)? nor BSD(ish)?, although I can't find any with quick glance.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com>