R7.0: missing xterm and libdrm, and version numbers

Detlef Vollmann dv at vollmann.ch
Wed Aug 10 08:20:48 PDT 2005

Adam Jackson wrote:
> I just hadn't uploaded it to the extras stash yet, but
>
> http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.html
>
> has been the canonical upstream source for it for years now.
So, xterm will end up in 'extras' and not in 'apps'?

> > And third: most modules have a version number of 0.99.0.
> > What will be their number for RC1: 0.99.x, 1.99.0, or something else?
>
> That depends.  If they've been modified since RC0, they'll be 0.99.x, where x
> >= 0 by however many revisions have occured to each package since RC0.  If
> they haven't been modified, then they'll still be 0.99.0.
Thanks.  I'm currently trying to put together a coherent set of packages
for OpenEmbedded, and 0.99.x just doesn't mix well with existent
packages in terms of "<=" runtime dependencies.  So I will just
prepend a "6.99." and drop the leading "0.", resulting in "6.99.99.x",
which should compare fine with existing version numbers.
And I'll leave existing non-0.99.x version numbers, like for libXft.

Thanks for the info
 Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems    http://www.vollmann.ch/