R7.0: missing xterm and libdrm, and version numbers

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Aug 10 06:16:15 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 07:18, Detlef Vollmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in X11R7.0-RC0, I couldn't find xterm anywhere.  Is that deliberate?
> Or did I just look at the wrong place?

I just hadn't uploaded it to the extras stash yet, but

http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.html

has been the canonical upstream source for it for years now.

> Also, xorg-server depends on libdrm, which should be in the 'extra'
> part, but there is no extra part...

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/extras/

Thank you for reminding me though, I'll symlink that into the r7 rc
directories.

> And third: most modules have a version number of 0.99.0.
> What will be their number for RC1: 0.99.x, 1.99.0, or something else?

That depends.  If they've been modified since RC0, they'll be 0.99.x, where x
>= 0 by however many revisions have occured to each package since RC0.  If
they haven't been modified, then they'll still be 0.99.0.

- ajax