keyboard module missing

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 15:17:19 PDT 2005

Am Samstag, den 16.04.2005, 15:43 +0200 schrieb Christoffer
Brodd-Reijer:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> >Maybe you overrode XF86CardDrivers in xc/config/cf/ ?
> >

> Hm, I followed the DRI guide for installing xorg over the existing
> version. That one told me to get and use the host.def located at
> http://freedesktop.org/~fxkuehl/host.def, in that one I found this line:
>
> /* DDX drivers to build: trim this list to your needs */
> #define XF86CardDrivers via
>
> The guide suggested that I should remove everything else but the one
> driver that I needed for my card. But this is only affecting video card
> drivers, right? Cause the new xorg did not have any drivers at all, for
> example it did not have my synaptics driver for my touchpad and no mouse
> drivers existed. Nothing.

These instructions are for installing an X.org server and a few
libraries on top of an existing Xorg or Xfree86 installation. If you
want to build and install a full Xorg, they are not suitable. Anyway,
the synaptics driver is not part of Xorg. You need to get it from
somewhere else. In Debian Sarge for example it's in a separate package
(xfree86-driver-synaptics). The binary from that package works for me
with a current Xorg server too.

As to your keyboard problem, I had to change the Driver in the
keyboard's InputDevice-section to "kbd" when I first installed an Xorg
server. The keyboard-alias never worked for me.

Mvh,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |