Missing X11/extensions/damageshared.h header file?

Kendall Bennett KendallB at scitechsoft.com
Thu Sep 23 14:58:21 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I am trying to build some of our code that worked fine with previous
versions of XFree86 and X.org R6.7.0 but it fails to compile with X.org
R6.8.0. Our headers need to include mispritest.h to build our framebuffer
driver replacement, but this header file includes damage.h, but damage.h
is trying to include the file X11/extensions/damageshared.h that does not
appear to exist in the X.org R6.8.0 or X.org R6.8.1 tar balls.

Does anyone have an idea of how to work around this, or a copy of the
missing file? I tried making an empty file in it's place but other stuff
would not compile.

For now I have worked around it by disabling our framebuffer driver
replacement (just falling back to using XAA), but I would like to get
this working again with the latest X.org releases.

Thanks!

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~