cursor motion by arrow keys lag is back with 6.8.1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Sep 17 06:10:19 PDT 2004

Greetings;

I spoke too soon it appears.  The motion of the text cursor in an
editor is suffering a huge lag again, and it seems to come and go.

This is the behaviour with 6.7, and with 6.8.1, but I did not notice
it while I was running 6.8.0.

This has troubled my system since back when KDE was less than 2.0,
several years now.

By huge lag, I mean standing on an arrow key only gets about 1 char
space worth of motion per second, and if there are more events in the
buffer due to a 10+ cps setting for key repeat, the cursor may
continue to move slowly for quite a long time.  In those cases, the
quickest way to fix a typu is to use the mouse and click on where you
want the cursor.  It comes and goes, effecting the system maybe 30%
of the time.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)