RenderAccel bug?

Mon Sep 13 07:42:48 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 09:07, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Monday 13 September 2004 14:21, Gerben Wijnja wrote:
> > As far as I know, "RenderAccel" is an option NVIDIA added for their own
> > driver, which is the "nvidia"-driver instead of the "nv"-driver. You can
> > get it at http://www.nvidia.com/linux.
>
> Resizing is slow anyway. I also think, xcompmgr crashes more often with the
> nvidia driver, but without RenderAccel nVidia cards are horrible slow (with,
> they're slightly faster than the nv driver)
> nVidia will now (after 6.8 is officially released? - got mine out of the cvs
> tree) add better support on their driver.

Well, I have an XP1800+ and a cheap GeForce FX5200 and with NVIDIA's own
driver + RenderAccel, everything is extremely fast! Dropshadows,
transparency, everything. I can move transparent windows over the screen
as fast as I want, it doesn't slow my system down at all; the
processorload doesn't go above 20%.