DISPLAY environment setting...

Michael Frey mfrey at pepper.com
Fri Oct 22 06:28:26 PDT 2004

When I try to use DISPLAY=:0.0, here is the error I get.

root@(none):/# export DISPLAY=:0.0
root@(none):/# xterm
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for (none)
Warning: This program is an suid-root program or is being run by the
root user.
The full text of the error or warning message cannot be safely formatted
in this environment. You may get a more descriptive message by running
the
program as a non-root user or by removing the suid bit on the
executable.
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s
root@(none):/#

Do you know what this means?