ATI mach64 core consultant work needed

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Oct 20 22:07:02 PDT 2004

On Saturday 16 October 2004 21:14, Gene Heskett wrote:

>GL_RENDERER   = Mesa DRI R200 20030328 AGP 1x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE
> TCL GL_VERSION    = 1.3 Mesa 6.1
>GL_VENDOR     = Tungsten Graphics, Inc.

Let me continue this hijacked thread for one or 2 more reiterations
please.

I was trying to help a friend make an ATI All-in-Wonder work for tv
viewing tonight, and that caused us to compare a few notes.  For
instance:

[root at coyote video]# lspci -v
[...]
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon
9200 SE] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: VISIONTEK: Unknown device 7c13  <----???
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
        Memory at c8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
        I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
        Memory at da000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [58] AGP version 3.0

02:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200
SE] (Secondary) (rev 01)
        Subsystem: VISIONTEK: Unknown device 7c12  <---???
        Flags: 66Mhz, medium devsel
        Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [disabled]
        Memory at da010000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled]
[size=64K]
-----------------------
I _think_ the secondary is supposed to be an NTSC output of some kind,
but I'm not sure the back panel is populated with the right plugs for
that.

Could the lack of properly 'identifying the primary device' make the
driver pick the slow but safe way of doing things?

And is this then a new variation of the r200 chipset?

If this identifies the problem, is there a chance of a patch
eventually?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)