ati driver dual head 2nd monitor incorrect resolution

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 21:16:16 PDT 2004

Almost there, try my edited version below.

Alex

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:04:42 -0700 (PDT), John H. <mistamaila at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It seems if I have mergedfb=false, I get both monitors
> out of sync range.  If I load xinerama and
> mergedfb=true, i just have one huge desktop.  Here is
> the config I tried....

 Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier     "X.org Configured"
	Screen 		0 "Screen0" 0 0
	Screen		1 "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
         Option          "Xinerama" "true"
 EndSection

 Section "Files"
         RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
         ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
         FontPath     "unix/:7100"
 EndSection

 Section "Module"
         Load  "record"
         Load  "extmod"
         Load  "dbe"
 #       Load  "dri"
         Load  "glx"
         Load  "xtrap"
         Load  "freetype"
         Load  "type1"
         Load  "GLcore"
        Load  "ddc"
         Load  "bitmap"
         Load  "vbe"
 EndSection

 #Section "Extensions"
 #       Option "Composite" "Enable"
 #EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
         Driver      "kbd"
         Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
         Option "XkbModel"   "pc105"
         Option "XkbLayout"  "us"
EndSection

 Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
       #  Option "Buttons" "5"
         Option "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
      #  Option "EmulateWheel"  "1"
      #  Option "EmulateWheelButton"  "4"
       #  Option "EmulateWheelInertia"  "10"
 EndSection

 Section "Monitor"
         #DisplaySize      360   270     # mm
         Identifier   "CRT"
         VendorName   "CTX"

     HorizSync   30-95
     VertRefresh 50-160
        Option      "DPMS"
 EndSection

 Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "LCD"
    HorizSync   30-61
     VertRefresh 56-76
     Option "DPMS"
 EndSection

 Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Card0"
         Driver      "radeon"
         VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]"
         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
         Screen      0
 EndSection

 Section "Device"
         Identifier      "Card1"
         Driver          "radeon"
         BoardName       "RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]"
        Screen          1
        BusId           "PCI:1:0:0"
 EndSection

 Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "CRT"
	DefaultDepth	24
         SubSection "Display"
                 Modes "1600x1200" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
                Depth     24
         EndSubSection
 EndSection

 Section "Screen"