Resize problems with savage and DRI.

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Sun Oct 10 10:39:32 PDT 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:52:26 +0100
Dan Gray <dan at dangray.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm using the savage CVS code and am having problems with resizing the
> screen.
>
>   Both the standard Crtl-Alt-+ and SDL apps fail to rescale the display
> properly, with the C-A-+ option leaving corruption at the top and bottom
> of the screen (clears with I switch back to default 1024x768) and SDL
> (try Neverball or Tuxracer for an example) fails to resize the screen to
> lower resolutions, resulting in a strange, corrupt
> half-display-sort-of-thing.
>
>   Also, Xv seems to be glitching, generating vertical lines up and down
> the screen on high resolution video.

FWIW, I see the same behaviour on my ProSavageDDR. I think Alex (who is
working on the 2D driver) is aware of the Xv problems. Resizing
(Ctrl+Alt+'+'/'-') works ok here on a Savage4 but is broken with the
ProSavage DDR. Alex, are you aware of that problem? Can you reproduce it
on any of your hardware?

>   I've tried various combinations of xorg.conf file, does anyone have
> any  suggestions? Is this a bug?

Probably.

>   BTW, i've been hosting binaries of the savage drivers for some time
> (see http://www.dangray.org/index.php?id=69) is there any information
> that you guys think I should be providing? I'm getting 4-5 downloads a
> day, so they're obviously being used somewhat.

You could add a link to
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download and maybe
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Building. ;-) These binary
snapshots for savage have been there for a while too.

>    Thanks
>     Dan Gray

Regards,
  Felix

| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |