Resize problems with savage and DRI.

Dan Gray dan at dangray.org
Sun Oct 10 08:52:26 PDT 2004

Hi,
  I'm using the savage CVS code and am having problems with resizing the
screen.

  Both the standard Crtl-Alt-+ and SDL apps fail to rescale the display
properly, with the C-A-+ option leaving corruption at the top and bottom
of the screen (clears with I switch back to default 1024x768) and SDL
(try Neverball or Tuxracer for an example) fails to resize the screen to
lower resolutions, resulting in a strange, corrupt
half-display-sort-of-thing.

  Also, Xv seems to be glitching, generating vertical lines up and down
the screen on high resolution video.

  I've tried various combinations of xorg.conf file, does anyone have
any  suggestions? Is this a bug?

  BTW, i've been hosting binaries of the savage drivers for some time
(see http://www.dangray.org/index.php?id=69) is there any information
that you guys think I should be providing? I'm getting 4-5 downloads a
day, so they're obviously being used somewhat.

   Thanks
    Dan Gray