can't start Xorg

elvar at ooz.net elvar at ooz.net
Thu Oct 7 13:06:19 PDT 2004

Hello,

I just recently installed FreeBSD 5.3-beta6 and I installed the Xorg port.
I'm trying to startx Xorg with the config file that is made by running X
-configure. I've read the entries on the Xorg website about the following
errors but the info didn't seem to help. Also, the executable "mkfontdir"
does exist on my system and I'm not sure where to get it from. Here is
some hopefully useful log output. Thank you,

Kind regards,
Elvar

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,
removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/,
removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org