radeon MergedFB and vertical monitor offsets

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 10:38:44 PST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:22:39 -0500, Keith Lea <keith at cs.oswego.edu> wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:13:47 -0500
> > From: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: radeon MergedFB and vertical monitor offsets
> >>Now, again, my question, is there a way to do this with MergedFB mode of
> >

> > No, there's no way to do that with mergedfb.  You'll have to use
> > regular multihead + xinerama.
> >
> > Alex
>
> Where could I file a request for this?

you can put a request on xorg bugzilla (http://bugs.freedesktop.org).
there's also a patch that was posted on the xorg ML that allows you to
lock the viewports that could probably be hacked to do what you want,
however, it doesn't not prevent windows or the mouse from being placed
in parts of the framebuffer that are not visible.

Alex