[Xprint] Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display "simon4:50.0" while printing

Alan Coopersmith Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com
Tue Nov 9 07:42:08 PST 2004

Julien Lafon wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 02:58:32 +0100, Simon Toedt <simon.toedt at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Looks like Xprint doesn't support GLX extensions.
>>
>>The Linux Xprt supports GLX - but we need to get it working on Solaris.
>

> I am not sure whether the Xprt server from Sun supports the GLX
> extension already or not. The feature is new in X11R6.8 (Sun ships the
> X11R6.8 Xorg server on Solaris 10 x86
> [http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/tpenta/20041026#solaris_express_10_04_is],
> if you are lucky they updated Xprt in the same step). Maybe someone
> from Sun can clarify the situation, please?

I don't think we've ever supported GLX in Xprt.   As for Solaris 10 x86,
we only added new binaries from the Xorg tree - a later project will work
on migrating existing programs such as Xprt to the new tree.

If you want Xprt with GLX on Solaris now, your best bet is building your
own from the Xorg tree.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com