Broken make install [was Debugging X.org drivers?]

Kendall Bennett KendallB at scitechsoft.com
Tue Nov 2 10:41:25 PST 2004

Donnie Berkholz <spyderous at gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 09:59 -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:
> > The only remaining issues is that when I start the FC2 default X.org
> > server via startx I get a black background that KDE starts over, while
> > with my new install I get the cross hatch background that KDE starts
> > over. What file contols the root server background in the init scripts?
>
> That's a patch Fedora applies. But you can get the same effect by adding
> '-br' to defaultserverargs in startx.

Ok, so that is a patch to the X server itself? In that case I will leave
it. I was just worried I had missed another config file ;-)

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~