[Xorg] gmane archive of this list

Nicholas Brown nicbrown at cisco.com
Tue May 25 08:30:14 PDT 2004

I tried to setup a archive of this list on gmane;
http://gmane.org/subscribe.php
with xorg at freedesktop.org going to gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.list

however the webpage informed me;

"This mailing list was subscribed, but has since been removed by the list
administrators."

This is a real shame as I have been happily following the x-server list etc
using gmane and had hoped to do the same with this list. Was there a
particular reason for this?

There certainly appears to be a lot of other freedesktop list gated to gmane;

gmane.comp.freedesktop.clipart
gmane.comp.freedesktop.dbus
gmane.comp.freedesktop.hal
gmane.comp.freedesktop.platform
gmane.comp.freedesktop.release-wranglers
gmane.comp.freedesktop.xcb
gmane.comp.freedesktop.xlibs.cvs
gmane.comp.freedesktop.xlibs.general
gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.cvs
gmane.comp.freedesktop.xserver
gmane.comp.freedesktop.xserver.cvs

It would be great if this list could be gated again, for non subscribers (like
myself) who prefer nntp to a web interface. Perhaps even more freedesktop
list could gated.

Cheers,
Nick