[Xorg] Re: Project Looking Glass developer release source code is now available

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 29 12:12:41 PDT 2004

The licensing model for the Project Looking Glass source is as follows:

1. lg3d-x11: all of the code in this project is MIT licensed.

2. lg3d-core: I needed to make some modifications to Keith's lightpipe
code. My modifications to this code are MIT licensed. The remainder
of lg3d-core is dual licensed. Developers can use the source under
the GPL license, or negotiate a commercial license with Sun.

So please note that all of the X11 server and client library work
that we will be doing as part of Project Looking Glass will be able
to be integrated into future releases of Xorg if that is what people
want to do.