[Xorg] Input device hotplug

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Jun 28 01:09:53 PDT 2004

Hey,
just few points from when I looked ar xinput
1)It would be nice to have user configurable options
2)Mouse wheel should be mapped to zaxis and not buttons 4,5
3)I think there is some functionality missing like accelated moving
  or tapping.
4)allowing more than one core device (mouse/keyboard) to be independed
from each other, It doesn't make much sense when using on one display
but if you want for example one keyboard per display for 2 people
working..
5)Personaly I think that xinput should handle keyboard as well,
  (the basic hardware level not the xkb one), I don't know if it's related
  to xinput but probebly some changes in they keysym handling might be
  nice.

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University