[Xorg] cross compiling XServer (the X11 module)

Marc Britten maillists at monochromatic.net
Wed Jun 23 19:53:58 PDT 2004

I've been pretty successful doing a crosscompile of XServer, the one
issue I'm running into is in the X11 module after compiling makekeys the
makefile tries to execute it (and of course fails)

../src/util/makekeys <
/home/yugami/projects/AHT/AHT-Distro/bin/include/X11/keysymdef.h >
ks_tables_h
/bin/sh: line 1: ../src/util/makekeys: cannot execute binary file

how big an issue is this? could i just remove the offending Makefile
line and be done with it and run the above command later when I move it
to the target system?

thanks,

Marc Britten