[Xorg] Local Multi Users

Alexandre P. Teixeira ateixeira at insignesoftware.com
Mon Jun 21 16:39:56 PDT 2004

Hello,

I hereby come to ask for help in my necessity of developping a
open-source money-saving project
for educational purposes in our poor communities.

The main goal is to be able to use one computer with 5 monitors. That
way, we can buy one
computer and use it with five different monitors to simulate five
separate computer desktops
for teaching.

We have found some documentation on:

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser

telling us how to do that in XFree86-4xx. This method works, but when we
load 'gdm' and
a user disconnects from gdm from one desktop, all the others will freeze.
We have had some
other problems which made us consider alternatives.

We are thinking of migrating to X.org but we don't know it nor we found
any documentation about a
similar process in it (if it's at all possible).

So we ask for guidance as to how to proceed and how to find out if this
task can be made in X.org.

Trully Yours,
Alexandre Penasso Teixeira