[Xorg] New commiter process?

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Wed Jun 16 20:15:08 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 05:11:40PM +0000, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to interject in order to do a bit of
> software evangelizing as it answers the problem of having to trust new
> committers.
>
> CVS is bad.  It really is.  And you can't appreciate how bad it is until
> you use something better.  And with a project like XServer where there
> are different groups with different interests, there is nothing better
> than distributed SCM [Source Code Management].
>
> Two alternatives are monotone [1] and GNU Arch [2], but the SCM tool I'm
> going to focus on is the one we [3] use, Darcs [4].
>
> [...]

I think Arch is sensational, and I'd personally love to see X using it,
and am happy to help effect that change. But the reality is that we're
using CVS, and will be for a while now, so we're after stuff to help
ease the pain of CVS.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we're not switching RCSs quite so soon.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org