[Xorg] DRI merging

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Jun 14 12:48:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Peter Postmus wrote:

> I do agree with John Smirl that, if Linux won't have a comparable GUI to
> Windows Longhorn by the time it's released, many users that have converted
> from Windows to Linux in the past, will convert to Longhorn again. I also

I am a non-Windows user. What is so great about this "Longhorn" that would
convince someone to switch to it?

I already read the posting indicating significant X performance
improvement. So Longhorn will have a quicker display? For my needs, my old
video cards running X seem good enough.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/