[Xorg] DRI merging

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Jun 13 20:57:47 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 12:13:43PM -0700, Jon Smirl wrote:
> So if my ideas are so bad, why don't you propose your own solution to the
> Longhorn problem? I have no attachment to anything I've proposed, I'll work on
> any solution that solves the main problem.

Project Utopia, fixing window managers to do things like use XSync()
whereever possible, migrate toolkits to use XCB and hand-optimise for
common paths, et al.

I think that's going to buy you a lot more than X on top of GL, for a
lot less work. Because you know why? X on GL still requires
not-insignificant work on the desktop to make it workable and coherent.
More than what I've proposed, I dare say.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org