[Xorg] kdrive under linux 2.6

Brent Cook busterbcook at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 11:35:05 PDT 2004

It probably has something to do with your VESA bios not responding
correctly when queried for modes. I have the same issue with an entirely
unrelated video card, and traced it down to the VESA mode enumeration
function. Since almost all of the KDrive drivers use VESA for
initialization on some level, a card with a slightly-different BIOS
than the VESA routines expect causes a hang.

I still don't have a fix though, mainly due to time constraints. Once, the
VESA routines worked after several sleep/wake cycles on a laptop, as if
some random register got set to the right value, but I couldn't reproduce
it.

  - Brent