[Xorg] Need advice to debug X server.

Egan Ford egan at sense.net
Sat Jun 5 15:40:16 PDT 2004

I am working with an X server that is improperly reporting the physical geometry
as 8mmx6mm putting my DPI in the 1000s and effecting some applications.

When a call is made to DisplayWidthMM (macro to ScreenOfDisplay, macro to a
pointer -> mwidth) where would in the X server code respond to that?  When or
where does the X server get the values?

I notice the xfree86 gets them from a file and with some that use kdrive it can
be passed as a command line option.  The X server I am trying to debug does
neither.

If this is the wrong forum for this post please redirect me.

Thanks.

BTW, the X server is Xqt (xqt.sourceforge.jp).  Xqt is an X server for the
Zaurus c860.  It works very well sans the problem I am having.  DisplayWidthMM
should be returning 75m not 8m.  Xqt runs on top of Qt--the native GUI for the
Zaurus.