[Xorg] bugzilla and voting

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Jun 2 06:28:57 PDT 2004

> The problem there is when you have users vote for impossible bugs (e.g.
> want open-source 3D acceleration for r3xx), and these are the most
> popular bugs. Users then get upset about the lack of responsiveness of
> the project; fd.o/X.Org comes off looking aloof.

That's always the problem voting or not, but i see why voting would
increase it, I think its a small price for the advanteges and what's
impossible now might be possible in the future, but we can add a mark for
a bug as impossible (for things who really can't be done) and then
users would know we don't ignore it.

Ely