[Xorg] xserver cannot establish listening sockets

Athanasios Douitsis aduitsis at noc.ntua.gr
Wed Jun 2 00:49:52 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I compiled the fdo xserver from cvs but when I try
to do something like

Xvesa :1

it says that it cannot establish the listening sockets
and that I should check whether there is an X server
already running. Needless to say, there isn't :-)

This behaviour concerns the fdo xserver pulled from
last weeks cvs, older versions work out fine.

Does anybody has any idea about this?

BTW, I was wondering, will the fdo xserver eventualy become
a replacement for x.org, or will the damage and composite
extensions be incorporated in x.org and continue from there?

Many thanks in advance,

Athanasios