[Xorg] OLS and console rearchitecture: second pass

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 07:42:25 PDT 2004

--- Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry at computer.org> wrote:
> Is there any docs on the current work on this, or OLS
> discussions?

The big email described the design which was based on emails starting
in February and OLS discussions. I'm still working on getting feedback
to nail down to loose end. Feel free to contribute to the design or
code if you want.

The basic idea is that we need to put and end to having three device
drivers trying to control the video hardware: fb, X, DRI. While we're
fixing that we want to add a few things to make the system better.

> Regards
> Alastair McKinstry

=====
Jon Smirl