[Xorg] Re: CVS Update: xc (branch: COMPOSITEWRAP)

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jul 30 00:07:56 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 23:54, Eric Anholt wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/xorg
> Module name:	xc
> Changes by:	anholt at pdx.	04/07/29 23:54:43
>
> Log message:
>   - Commit WIP of an integration of the Composite extension and a
>     DDX-independent Composite wrapper.  It's quite incomplete.  Notably,
>     the Render extension isn't wrapped properly or even completely
>     wrapped improperly.
>   - Rename COMPOSITE enum in smi driver to avoid conflict with new define.
>   - Fix REGION_INIT usage of Damage so that it doesn't crash on first use.
>   - Fix some apparent mismerges of XFIXES.
>   - Fix some whitespace from DAMAGE-XFIXES merge that appears different
>     from both xserver CVS and surrounding style.

This doesn't work yet.  If you try it, expect pain and total failure to
render what you want, perhaps ending with crashing when it renders
somewhere you really don't want.

Oh, and it breaks the xf86cfg build somehow.  I've been taking it out of
the build by editing .../xfree86/Imakefile until I get around to
figuring out why.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org