[Xorg] CVS HEAD -- ftfuncs.c:931: error: structure has no membernamed `find_sbit_image'

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jul 29 23:16:10 PDT 2004

Around 6 o'clock on Jul 30, Roland Mainz wrote:

> I consider the fonts stuff "broken" when I have to wait minutes instead
> of a few secs to load a font. The original issue resulted in a very
> unfortunate flame war and I really do _NOT_ want that debate again.
> If you really want an Imake flag for that then please make it an
> equivalent for linking the tree copy of libFreeType2 statically.

Shipping code which has known build regressions in its default
configuration is not acceptable.

Forcing people to use a static copy of a soon-to-be-outdated version of
FreeType is similarly unacceptable.

Please fix the code or I will recommend that the whole patch be backed out.
 I would fix it myself, but I'm afraid I will get it wrong as I have no
applications which I can easily configure to use core fonts.

-keith