[Xorg] new comitter

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sun Jul 25 16:50:11 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 16:33, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > Mostly we're missing build machines.  I've set up a system doing
> > normal and non-DRI builds on FreeBSD, but I don't think I'll be able
> > to keep that particular machine for very long.  I've got motherboards,
> > CPUs, RAM, and disks here to set up some dedicated tinderbox clients,
> > but I need some ATX rackmount cases in order to house them, and those
> > are rather expensive :( So it looks like we need people to run the
> > scripts themselves unless I find a solution to the housing issue.
>
> Do the scripts generate output that we could provide for inclusion in
> this tinderbox?  If so, we have some systems at OSDL that we could
> probably run them on.  If you can point me at the scripts, I'll look
> into it.

There are instructions at:
http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/TinderboxWiki

Thanks!  Feedback is very welcome, too.

> > Another would be to collect a set of appropriate tests (xtest suite,
> > rendercheck?) to be run under Xvfb to test that DIX remains sane.
>
> Are these tests packaged separately or are they part of the X package?
> Do the packages contain the docs for them?

They aren't part of the monolithic build.  I think xtest can be checked
out from the "xtest" module of xorg cvs instead of xc.  I've never used
it myself, though.  rendercheck is in xapps CVS
(:pserver:anoncvs at pdx.freedesktop:/cvs/xapps co rendercheck).  It's
pretty new and lacks documentation, but it might be doable to check its
output using scripts anyway, though.

> > The tinderbox3 system has a lot of rough edges in terms
> > of general interface and configuration that could use polishing, too.
>
> For the kernel tinderbox (http://tinderbox.osdl.org/) we added a
> legend.

That legend does look much nicer than our interface.  I was speaking
more to the administrator's interface, though, which I've been confused
by several times (sherriff/edit differentiation, broken logins,
mozilla-related defaults, I can't remember what else).

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org