[Xorg] Debrix Compile Problems

Kamil Jiwa kamil.jiwa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:56:46 PDT 2004

I've checked out the latest Debrix tree (debrix--devel--0.1--patch-5)
and have been trying to compile it. I've installed the xlib packages
it requires and my configure runs smoothly. When I try to actually
compile it I run into a few problems.

Xext/sync.c:
In file included from ../sync.c:72:
../syncint.h:60: error: redefinition of `struct _SyncCounter'
../syncint.h:67: error: redefinition of `SyncCounter'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/syncstr.h:379: error: `SyncCounter'
previously declared here
../syncint.h:74: error: conflicting types for `XSyncCounterNeverChanges'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/syncstr.h:386: error: previous declaration of
`XSyncCounterNeverChanges'

and I continue to get several more errors of a similar nature. To fix
this, I commented out sync.c:72 #include "syncint.h" and it compiled
properly. I'm sure that this is not an acceptable solution, though.

Xext/shm.c:
As with sync.c, I get errors about redefinition of various types and
functions. As with sync.c, commenting out shm.c:63 #include "shmint.h"
allowed me to continue my build. And also, as with sync.c, I'm sure
that this is not an acceptable solution.

os/access.c:
In file included from access.c:193:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xos_r.h:436: error: `MAXHOSTNAMELEN' undeclared
here (not in a function)
access.c: In function `LocalClient':
access.c:1340: warning: implicit declaration of function
`_XSERVTransGetPeerAddr'
access.c: In function `LocalClientCred':
access.c:1395: warning: implicit declaration of function `_XSERVTransIsLocal'
access.c:1399: warning: implicit declaration of function
`_XSERVTransGetConnectionNumber'

My build fails here and I'm not certain what I can do to fix it. I
have xlibs/xtrans installed. Need I install something else? It would
be nice to get these things cleared up so that I can get around to
making sure my automake files work alright before submitting them.

Some extra information:
gcc: 3.3.3 20040412
glibc: 2.3.3

... and I don't know what else might be relavent in this case. Thanks.

Kamil