[Xorg] The big multiconsole nasty

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Wed Jul 7 06:33:40 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 03:14:55PM +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> What you call a 'fundamentally flawed model' in your effords to bash
> XFree86 and the people who contributed to it was a necessity at the
> time the code was implemented.
> At that time there was no kernel (neither Linux nor any other open
> source kernel) that would offer the functionality that we required.

Egbert,
Please realise that this is not a personal attack. If John hated you,
he'd probably say it. The reality is that I appreciate the conditions
under which the code was borrowed/created, and what happened, but come
2004, the model is - I agree - fundamentally flawed.

This is not a personal attack. It's a statement of purely technical
views based on current-day experiences and data.

If we can't have discussions like this, then I'm off to find another
forum to work on advancing X.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org