[Xorg] CVS warnings at commit...

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Jul 1 10:40:12 PDT 2004

Well, I've been tinkering with the CVS admin files but can't get
things to work quite right.

I got rid of the message:  "Appending defaults (" %r/%p %s"), but
please be aware that this usage is deprecated." by adding the %r/%p %s
parameters in the commitinfo file."

Next, I tried to fix the warning:  "cvs commit: Using deprecated info
format strings.  Convert your scripts to use the new argument format
and remove '1's from your info file format strings."

I added UseNewInfoFmtStrings=yes to the config file.

In loginfo, it looks like the %s was causing trouble.  If I remove it
entirely or use %{s} or %s then no commit message is sent to the
mailer.  The only way I can get the mail message to go out is if I use
%1s.  But then I get the warning: "cvs commit: Using deprecated info
format strings.  Convert your scripts to use the new argument format
and remove '1's from your info file format strings."

Any ideas?

Daniel Stone wrote:

>>>Of course you do - loginfo,v is 775. You don't edit the file directly,
>>>you do cvs co CVSROOT from :ext:cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/mesa. You edit
>>>loginfo there, and check it in. You'll also need to update checkoutlist.

In what way do I have to update checkoutlist?

-Brian