libdrm issues blocking accelerated indirect GL

Dave Airlie airlied at linux.ie
Thu Dec 30 16:31:03 PST 2004

> There are also three client-side pieces: libGL, *_dri.so, and (uh-oh) drm.
> 'drm' here is libdrm, which lives in /cvs/dri/drm and is occasionally
> imported into X as hw/xfree86/os-support/$(uname)/drm.  libdrm is identical
> on both sides, modulo wrapping some things like malloc to use either the Mesa
> or X version.

It also lives in Mesa at src/mesa/drivers/dri/dri_client,

we really need to drop the copy in Mesa and use the one in the DRM for
building the -dri drivers,

I'm not sure what my opinion on the best way to move forward is, all
options look messy, as usual we always need to handle the old libGL/new
driver cases and new libGL/old driver, I'll think about it some more and
hopefully Ian or Keith voices some directional opinion :-)

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person