libfontconfig.la missing (source tarball)

Francois Kritzinger francoisk at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 08:38:23 PST 2004

Hi,

I recently compiled and installed 6.8.1 from source. Everything
seems to be working fine so far, except that when I tried to
compile another program today, the compilation exited with an
error because /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.la could not be found.

I checked the file list of one of my distro's (Slackware) x11
packages and it includes libfontconfig.la. However, doing a find
on the post-compilation source tree indicates that this file was
not produced during compilation. All of the fontconfig libraries
seem to be in their right locations, though. I looked around in
the documentation and also host.def and also searched the web but
could not find any answers.

Thanks in advance.