Current CVS X.org segfaults in gnome

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Dec 9 23:20:24 PST 2004

Hi !

I did a build today, and the current X.org CVS segfaults when starting
gnome-session. I haven't yet been able to dig out more details, the gdb
in my current debian setup seem to be broken (X won't run under it, gdb
spills internal errors), and a core file only shows a corrupt backtrace
that doesn't get further than x86Event getting the sig11.

I think it's around metacity, or just after, can't tell precisely. I see
this message in the X session log though:

Bug in window manager: Unexpected X error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap
or Window parameter) serial 992 error_code 9 request_code 72 minor_code
0

metacity is 2.8.6-1, all of the gnome stuff is debian sid latest, on
ppc32. I haven't had time to do much more regression testing as I'm
going on vacation for a while.

Ben.