One more bug in Xim - but how to solve...?

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Dec 9 08:37:41 PST 2004

Hi all!

I'm currently working a bit on Xim in order to accelerate application
startup time (compose table parsing), and in the process I stumbled upon
an appearantly errornous union access in lib/X11/imRmAttr.c:459,
function _XimDecodeIMATTRIBUTE():

if (!(_XimAttributeToValue((Xic) im->private.local.current_ic,
	    		   res, &buf[2], buf[1], p->value, mode)))

The whole file only accesses the .proto member, not .local anywhere
else. The function is only called from imDefIm.c, which obviously only
uses the .proto member as well. AFAIK the .local member is defined
for the imLc* and imThai* files only.

But then - how would the call above be implemented correctly? I can't
find any back-reference from XimProtoPrivateRec to Xic...

Anybody any ideas? Or is this just old dumb unused code that we should let
rest in peace?

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      /--       /--  /--         mat at mshopf.de