kdrive performance

Jim Gettys Jim.Gettys at hp.com
Wed Dec 8 08:20:53 PST 2004

End of mystery.

Xvesa doesn't use the acceleration for most current chips.

You should be running a Trident specific server, for any decent
performance.

Kdrive does not support loadable drivers at the moment; a server needs
to be built for each different graphics chip.

So build the Trident server, and try that.  I expect you may be much
happier with it.
			- Jim