kdrive performance

Damian Gatabria damian at gatabria.com.ar
Wed Dec 8 07:42:03 PST 2004

Well, sorry. I didn't know more than one
kdrive server existed. Looks like my knowledge of this project
is too poor to ask a decent question =oP

 I just followed the steps specified in
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fXserver_2fInstallGuide

I checked out all that stuff from cvs, compiled and installed
as the guide says, and then went into xserver and configured it
with the long line i described in my first post.

That left me with one Xvesa executable, about 2,9 MB in size,
which is what i'm testing now.

The tests are quite simple in nature, but the difference between
(this) Kdrive and XFree3 is very noticeable during normal use in
this kind of hardware.

I'm using it for a thin client project, so i only need xserver
to display one full screen Terminal Server (or Citrix) session
to a Windows server.

When using Kdrive, i can actually see new windows being drawn
from top to bottom, and scrolling gives the same effect, all kinds
of screen updates are much slower.